Code of Ethics
Inasmuch as the plastics industry is a unique and special industry within the international plastics industry, and whereas the distributors, manufacturers and manufacturers' representatives of plastic materials are the liaison between the plastics distribution industry and industry and commerce in general, therefore, to foster mutual trust between ourselves, our industry and the general public, we are resolved to abide by the following code of ethics:
- We shall promote and support the distribution channel as a means to bring product to market.
- We shall refer to all products by their trademark, generic name or chemical formulation as solicited, and clarify the differences in either or all three of the classifications as the case arises.
- We shall substitute competitive brands from a trademark solicited, only upon approval of the buyer.
- We shall educate the buyer on our products without misrepresenting their advantages or disadvantages, and promote the use of the various products for the physical, chemical and electrical properties for which they excel.
- We will accurately represent and advertise our merchandise and services.
- In the ever-changing conditions in the plastics field, we will always be alert to new products which will benefit our customers.
- We shall comply fully with international standards and laws in all association activities.