Who We Are
The International Association of Plastics Distribution (IAPD), established in 1956, brings together manufacturers, distributors, manufacturers’ representatives and service providers in an environment which encourages a free flow of ideas and information that help members build their businesses. Every program and service we provide is designed with the simple goal of helping our members increase profitability.
Membership in IAPD is an affordable business investment. IAPD provides training, connections with customers and suppliers and information about developments that impact the industry.
What makes IAPD unique is a commitment to educating customers and other key end-users about plastics. In other words, IAPD works with members to build the demand for plastics. Central to this effort is the reinforcement of the value of distribution.
"Expand the market for distributed plastics through collaboration, education and a commitment to sustainability."
To be the foremost resource for information on the application and environmental durability of distributed plastics.
- An expanded marketplace for distributed plastics.
- A membership that is committed to IAPD and its vision, mission and values.
- An organization that anticipates the future and focuses on meeting the challenges it brings for the entire plastics distribution community.
- Increased interest in pursuing a career in plastics among younger professionals.
- Increased use of plastics to meet demand for environmentally sustainable solutions.
Code of Ethics
Inasmuch as the plastics industry is a unique and special industry within the international plastics industry, and whereas the distributors, manufacturers and manufacturers' representatives of plastic materials are the liaison between the plastics distribution industry and industry and commerce in general, therefore, to foster mutual trust between ourselves, our industry and the general public, we are resolved to abide by the following code of ethics:
- We shall promote and support the distribution channel as a means to bring product to market.
- We shall refer to all products by their trademark, generic name or chemical formulation as solicited, and clarify the differences in either or all three of the classifications as the case arises.
- We shall substitute competitive brands from a trademark solicited, only upon approval of the buyer.
- We shall educate the buyer on our products without misrepresenting their advantages or disadvantages, and promote the use of the various products for the physical, chemical and electrical properties for which they excel.
- We will accurately represent and advertise our merchandise and services.
- In the ever-changing conditions in the plastics field, we will always be alert to new products which will benefit our customers.
- We shall comply fully with international standards and laws in all association activities.
ASI (Association Services International) — Publisher of The IAPD Magazine, ASI offers publishing and management services to IAPD and its members. ASI specializes in meetings management, publishing and communications, and web site design and maintenance.
IAPD Charitable Foundation — The foundation is a non-profit tax exempt subsidiary of the IAPD that is dedicated to administering the scholarship and educational programs.
European Plastics Distributors Association (EPDA) — Established in 1973, the EPDA has grown considerably, and today, almost all European countries are represented. It is comprised of companies engaged in the distribution and manufacture of plastic sheet, rod, tube, pipe, valves, fittings and film, and whose goal is to establish a leadership role within the plastics industry. EPDA is a member of the IAPD.